Blogspot Tutorial

{Dragons} {Elves Faeries} {Magical Creatures} {Greek Mythology} {Folklore Legends} {Mermaids} {Selkies} {The Garden} {Urban Legends} {Lorelay Lost}

Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Fates

The Fates- 
Three spinners of the thread of life and of personification
of destiny...
The Three Fates
in the Disney Movie Hercules
I have always found the three Fates interesting, I think because of the Disney Hercules Movie, I saw so many years ago with Hades and the three sisters the Fates. I since been curious about the true story in
ancient Greek mythology. Since I've had this blog for almost a year in a half, I have tried to bring you all stories of Fairies, Dragons and the Unseen Creatures. In this next year I am going to included more Mythology of the ancient Worlds, Cultures and of as many different countries that I can. I just finished a  wonderful Creature in the Southern Africa. I will still be doing of course my Faeries, Dragons and Magick
Creatures as always... I thank you all! my dearest Friends and Followers for reading my blog and for keeping my Blog alive and the Magick Alive! I love you All! Your Wendy the Lady of Magick!

The Fates were among the Eldest Goddesses in ancient Greed Mytholgy. And from what I could find out the Fates were either the daughters of Zeus- Lord of the Gods and Themis-Goddess of justice or were created by the Goddess Nyx without the intervention of man! Those Greeks!
Basically there were three sisters- Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos.
1)The Spinner was Clotho and the youngest of the three Fates; she spun the thread of destiny with a distaff, determining the time of birth of an indiviual.
2)Lachesis measured the thread length to determine the length of life.
3)Atropos the cruel was the one who cut the thread of life, determining this way the time of death. 
Each Have Different Roles:
The Fates ( Sometimes called the Moirae's) were the spinners of the thread of life, determining the span
of human life of every mortal from birth to death. No other god had the right or the means to alter
their decisions. The Fates were the personifications of destiny; nevertheless, no human could blame
the fates, since there were times he/she was the only one responsible fro his/her failures.
The Fates were more often called THE MOIRAI OR MOIRAE and were the goddesses who
personified the inescapable destiny of man. They assigned to every person his/her fate. Their name
Fate means they shared in with Zeus Moiragetes, the God of fate, was their leader. Kinda a bit confusing
but in away makes since. They were the Fate of all humans on earth of their death, every women, man, child. And Zeus was their God, which they shared the fate of the Gods and Goddesses. How that I probably
totally confused you all. I will continue..hehehe.
At the Birth of man/woman, the Moirai-Clotho spinned out the thread of their future life, follow his steps
and directed the consequences of his actions according to the counsel for the Gods. It was not an inflexible Fate; Zeus, if he chose, had the power of saving even those who were already on the point of being seized by their fate. The Fates did not abruptly interfere in human affairs but availed themselves of intermediate
causes and determined the lot of mortals not absolutely but only conditionally, even man himself, in his
freedom as allowed to exercise a certain influence upon them. As man's fate is terminated at his death,
the Goddesses of Fate become the Goddesses of Death, Moirai Thanatoio.
The Moirai were independent of each other, but at the helm of necessity,
directed fate and watched that the
Fate assigned to every being by eternal laws were taken at its course without obstructions. And apparently
the God Zeus as well as all the other Greek Gods and Goddesses and Man on Earth had to submith to the
Fate sister as well. I hope that you all are able to follow this, I know it can be a bit confusing, but I hope you are also finding it interesting too.. On with the tale. Klotho-which meant 'Spinner',  brings us to the second
Fate Lakhesis the spinner of the thread of life. She is the one who inflicts the punishment for any evil deeds , you may of may not have done according to the laws of the Greek Gods for your life thread. And of course the last is the Fate Atropos who was said to be the cruelest As the Goddesses of death.
 Finally It seems that throught the ancient times the Fates or Moirai were usually described as being ugly old hags or women as I have shown you in my image of the Disney Movie Hercules. They were shown too there as ugly but as I remember strong women and fun. As for other places in history, they were shown as severe, inflexible and stern, The Fate sister Klotho is shown carrying a spindle or a book, Lakhesis shown with a staff which she is pointing to the horoscope on a globe and finally the last sister,Fate Atropos is shown holding a scroll, a wax tablet, pair of scales or a pair of scissors. There are other times when all three are shown with staffs or sceptres, the symbols of dominion and sometimes even with crowns. I found this to be
 interesting; It was said about the Fates: 'At the birth of each man they appeared spinning,
 measuring and cutting the thread of his life.
The Fates

The Fates

The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
The Fates
This is the worst of Fates


Fates Sisters

Well I hope you all found the Fate as interesting as myself
Thankyou so much for always being there for me my dearest 
friends and followers. I love you all! 
Wendy
Lady of Magick!

(◡‿◡)♥✫¨´`'*°☆.❥•♪♫.(: ♥(◡‿◡)♥i❤*☆҉♡☆❤❤❤♪♫♪❤❤♪❤❤♪♫♪❤❤♪❤❤♪♫♪❤❤`"(✿◠‿◠)˙•٠•●Celibate life♥´Magic Surrounds Us ☆҉☆ƸӜƷ ♪♫♪♫♪❤❤
ƸӜƷ•.¸¸.•´ ... ☾ ❤❤☼ღ(◕‿◕
) ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ƸӜƷ•❤❤❤☼ღ(◕‿◕)¸.•*""*•.¸ƸӜƷ•.¸¸.•
"(✿◠‿◠)˙•
٠•●c
ƸӜƷ•.¸¸.•´




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...